Here’s a running list of resources and such for getting started with droid building:
- Mid-Atlantic Droid Builders Facebook discussion group – where we interact locally and plan upcoming events
- Hampton Roads Droid Builders – our brethren to the south who we team up with events as schedules permit
- www.astromech.net – The de facto home for R-series builds. Lots of resources around electronics, various build methods, etc.
- MrBaddeley Printed Droid – Best place to start for 3D printed R-series & Chopper-style droids (plus a variety of others)
- www.bb8builders.club and BB-8 Builders Club for all things BB-8
- C-3PO BUILDERS
- Pit Droid Builders Club
- Droid Division Print Club – Pit droids, K-2SO, battle droids, etc. – Dave Moog is tops for those designs
- Mouse Droid Builders Club
As always, some of the more experienced members here are more than willing to answer any questions you’ve got. If you wanna see things up close or need some hands on help, just ask as well.
Outside of events themselves, we don’t necessarily have regularly scheduled meet-ups (droid building can be a mostly heads-down-in-your-own-workspace type of project), but again, always welcome to ask for some in-person guidance.